Saturday, March 19, 2011

UD - "We Will if You Will"

 I think this might be the first time outside of Crypto-IDEA that I've used the term cybermormon.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Matteo,

You pretty much summed up everything that I think is wrong with the first generation of
cybermormons that have started to take any chance they can to spam on about non-belief.

I’d explain the origins of that conjunction, but it would require linking to a video that might
not fit the tastes of UD.

To the mods on UD: Is it okay if I link to a video featuring a consistently swearing agnostic
ranting against atheists (aka “…the Jehovah’s Witnesses of Youtube”)?

@ NielBJ-“His reasoning may be flawed, and it is certainly legitimate to point out where he
has gone wrong.”

Then by all means, please do so.



I do have a question though about what exactly distinguishes an IDer from a non-IDer. Here’s
 the definition that I typically refer to:

http://www.discovery.org/v/2

Now let’s say I do feel that taking a design-theoretic approach leads to a far greater
understanding of physical features than non-telic alternatives, but don’t actually hold that a
designer actually exists. Under this view I would hold that agency is sort of like the typical
textbook atom diagram which while not correct, does allow people to understand what
someone is actually working with.

Am I no longer in the ID camp if I take this sort of view?
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.16 (MingW32)
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=j+Zs
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that aren't encrypted with my key and are also digitally signed with sender's own key go to the trash. I might skim them for lulz though...

This is the policy given to me by Janus. They don't agree with my views, but since they are willing to protect my real identity this is the least I can do in return.

Crypto-IDEA WA: Don't waste your time here. We have a far more cryptographically secure outpost than this one...