Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Comment on the Definition and Nature of Irreducible Complexity

 This is continued from my last comments in the previous post. Because I'm dealing with a lot of stuff related to how Irreducible Complexity is defined (as well as misdefined), these comments require a separate post altogether.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

drs said: "Perhaps my understanding of "Irreducibly Complex" is incorrect..."

While it's not a total misunderstanding, I think it misses the point.

"...but I thought the concept meant that certain systems are too complex to have evolved."

Here's a good starting point on this subject:

Primer: Irreducible Complexity in a Nutshell

And in case you have some beef with the mousetrap example because an intelligent agent
can modify the parts to get a one-piece system (in which the analogy would no longer apply to
 features in question), see the following:

A Mousetrap Defended: Response to Critics
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.16 (MingW32)
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=a89w
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that aren't encrypted with my key and are also digitally signed with sender's own key go to the trash. I might skim them for lulz though...

This is the policy given to me by Janus. They don't agree with my views, but since they are willing to protect my real identity this is the least I can do in return.

Crypto-IDEA WA: Don't waste your time here. We have a far more cryptographically secure outpost than this one...