Thursday, January 27, 2011

Second Comment on ENV - "A One Hundred Year-Old Challenge"

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

I know others on here might disagree, but I don't see how the term "Darwinist" is really useful for anything. For instance, is Michael Behe a "Darwinist" for affirming common ancestry between apes and humans?

And besides that, those that are critical or supportive of Intelligent Design come from a wide variety of fields and backgrounds besides just biology (physics for instance). I think discussions like this would be more fruitful if we simply abandoned that term and said design critics instead.

I'm not condoning the fact that people offended by the term fail to realize they were the ones who came up with it in the first place. Wells gave some pretty good coverage of this in his PIG guide.


Some questions about commenting:

Does it matter if we decide to use proxies, VPN or Tor browsers to hide our real IP address or do the moderators need that to confirm we are the same person that originally posted under a given name?

Or are they not even visible to you guys - making my use of someone else's computer unnecessary?

I ask because I'd like to be able to comment on here without there being any trace of which University it comes from...
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.16 (MingW32)
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=Aefc
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that aren't encrypted with my key and are also digitally signed with sender's own key go to the trash. I might skim them for lulz though...

This is the policy given to me by Janus. They don't agree with my views, but since they are willing to protect my real identity this is the least I can do in return.

Crypto-IDEA WA: Don't waste your time here. We have a far more cryptographically secure outpost than this one...